Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Return of the Living Dead

Has it really been a year and a half since my last post? Apparently so, and since this is another election year it's time to break my silence. I've been following the primary season the way a lot of people follow sports, and now that we're in the World Series of American politics it's an appropriate time for me to pose the question that weighs most heavily on my mind today.
What's on your iPod?
I love this game. Put your iPod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs that appear. No cheating.
I've found that this is an efficient way for music snobs to judge people without having to take the time to visit their homes and surreptitiously peruse their record collections.
So in an attempt to be transparent, I'll go first and show you mine if you show me yours.
...and SHUFFLE!

1. Total Control: Michael Nesmith
2. Parchman Farm: Mose Allison
3. Lone Wolf: Johnny Winter
4. She Took Off My Romeo: David Lindley and El Rayoex
5. Pump It Up: Elvis Costello
6. Running On Empty: Jackson Browne
7. The Myth of Fingerprints: Paul Simon
8. Thriftstrore Jewelry: The Bad Plus
9. Honey Bee: Muddy Waters
10. Whenever You're On My Mind: Marshall Crenshaw

Okay, don't leave me hanging. Judge away.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an excellent blog post! I'll play...

1. Tennessee Flat Top Box - Johnny Cash
2.Building A Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
3.Tears In the Rain - Triumph
4.Bad Case of Love - Tommy Castro
5. Problem Solved - Martin Zellar
6. Unchained - Van Halen
7. Running On Empty - Jackson Browne
8. Crosscut Saw - Stevie Ray Vaughan
9. Blood Of Me - Heather Nova
10. Sophomore Slump or Comeback Of the Year - Fall Out Boy

Not a bad mixture out of 8700+ songs. I'm happy SRV made an appearance, though not surprised.

Judge away, ya cranky bastard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home